Available in either double or triple disc configurations, we have a Duncan Enviro Disc Drill that is right for your application. With our unrivalled ability to follow ground contour and deliver seed evenly on all terrain, we are helping farmers produce some of the highest yielding pastures and crops in the world.
Great pasture and crop yield.
Available in either double or triple disc configurations, we have a Duncan Enviro Disc Drill that is right for your application. With our unrivalled ability to follow ground contour and deliver seed evenly on all terrain, we are helping farmers, contractors and growers to produce some of the highest yielding pastures and crops in the world.
Duncan Disc Drills will perform equally well in cultivated ground or direct drilling into virgin ground, existing pasture or crops. They are generally a better option for direct drilling into stony ground than tine drills because a disc drill doesn't pull stones to the surface and will usually leave a neater finish than a tine drill, particularly in zero tillage situations.
In both the double and triple disc configurations the seed and fertiliser is dropped into a narrow V slot. Our fluted opening disc creates a seed bed with loose soil in the slot, and following press wheels close and gently compress the slot for improved seed to soil contact and moisture retention, promoting germination and rapid root development.
- Lower investment cost than a triple disc drill and lower maintenance costs with less wearing parts
- Large 380mm diameter heat treated discs work hard and have a long life
- A scalloped disc leads 30mm ahead of a plain disc to cut through trash and open up a rough slot creating tilth for good germination. The (full assembly) leading scalloped disc removes the need for an opening disc
- The plain disc holds the slot open to place the seed and the fertiliser into the slot
- The spring loaded jump assembly creates downward pressure but also allows the discs to ride up and over rocks and obstacles
- An optional press wheel or harrows close the slot to help with seed to soil contact and traps moisture
- Has an independent 400mm diameter fluted opening disc, mounted well forward of each double disc assembly, which allows the drill to break into extremely hard ground and cut trash
- The double disc setup follows directly behind the opening disc, holding the slot open while the seed and fertiliser is placed into the slot
- The sowing depth is accurately controlled by a following press wheel, which also closes the slot. The depth setting is Individually set on each press wheel
- A parallelogram system with 400mm of vertical travel gives the individual double disc units superb contour following for constant control of seed and fertiliser depth
Please choose answers for each question, the results will display one or more suggested drills .